Thursday, April 2, 2015

Science for the Littles!


I absolutely {heart} sharing Science with my Littles. It is probably one of my favorite things to teach.  In honor of one of my favorite Mad Science experiments, I am offering you a chance to share Science with your Littles! One of our favorite mini-units to study is solids and liquids.  (It also helps that we don't mind a bit of a mess!)

Based on Bartholomew and the Oobleck, this mini-unit is so FUN! Since it is so engaging, the Littles learn so much and I am able to tie in all of the subjects which is definitely a win in my book!

First, we read Bartholomew and the Oobleck by Dr. Seuss and make predictions (Hello Reading!) We discuss being respectful of nature and the King's character traits (Hello Social Studies!).
Then, we watch a great video about non-Newtonian matter! (Hello Science!) The link to this is included in the packet for you:


We make the Oobleck using our measuring cups (Hello Math!) and recipe:

 

And we use our five senses to observe our Oobleck and record our observations (Hello writing!):

 







Since it is a mini-unit, we complete these activities in the course of a day.
Be sure to snag your copy of this Mad Science unit in my brand new Educents store:
I {heart} the Littles


2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, this would be great for me to have! I am always looking for science related things for my Kindergarten students. Thanks so much! kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks so much for entering! I am putting the finishing touches on the new Mad Science mini-unit and it will be sent to you by Friday. Thanks again! Kim

    ReplyDelete